Sign Up for a free teacher account to invite volunteers
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Inspiring the future Australia
Every individual volunteer or teacher on behalf of his/her school or college (each a School), agrees to the following terms and conditions by registering for the Inspiring the Future program in Australia run by Schools Industry Partnership and supporting organisations (the Program).
You hereby confirm, acknowledge and agree that:
- you are over 18 years of age;
- if you are an employee volunteering to take part in the Program (a Volunteer), Schools or your employer or professional/umbrella body (including any professional/umbrella body disclosed to us by you as part of your registration for the Program);
- if you are a teacher, other member of staff or governor registering to take part in the Program on behalf of a School (a Teacher), any Volunteer registered on our sites; or
- if you are a Volunteer or a Teacher, to (i) SIP’s local and national program delivery partners; (ii) funders of the Program; and (iii) other selected parties who carry out work within the education sector and have an active interest in the Program (i.e. local Councils, MPs and relevant government departments), so that they can monitor participation in and the success of the Program;
- if you are a Teacher, you have the requisite authority from your School to use the services provided by SIP through SIP’s sites on behalf of your School and to accept these terms and conditions on behalf of your School;
- the details you provide to SIP are correct and complete at the time of registration and are not fraudulent. Before undertaking any activities with any Volunteer or School, you agree to inform them of any changes to the details you provided on registration (including in relation to any fact or matter which would prevent you from being issued with a clearance certificate from the relevant government statutory child protection authority;
- you do not intend to receive any remuneration for any activities you undertake with any Volunteer or School (including any expenses incurred), or to sell any services of any kind to any Volunteer, Volunteer’s employer, Teacher or School;
- you will not use any personal contact information provided via SIP’s sites for any unsolicited or commercial messages save as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions or where expressly authorised by the relevant Volunteer or Teacher;
- you will not pass any personal contact information of a Volunteer or Teacher provided via SIP’s sites to any third party without the express consent of that Volunteer or Teacher;
- if you are a Volunteer, you are not aware of any fact or matter which would prevent you from being issued with a clearance certificate from the relevant government statutory child protection authority;
the Program is a free service provided by SIP, matching Schools with Volunteers who are willing to give short talks about the jobs they do or to participate in other opportunities in education provided by Schools. SIP is not responsible for performing any other services including, without limitation:
- any Volunteer training or advisory services;
- any statutory child protection certificate or any other form of Volunteer checks or accreditation;
- providing any materials for the talks or events which result from the Program;
- any site visits to Schools prior to or simultaneously with the visit of a Volunteer;
- any health or safety checks or other checks of the participating Schools; or
- any other arrangements made between you and any Volunteer, Teacher or School (as applicable);
- if you are a Teacher/School, you are not guaranteed a Volunteer through your participation in the Program;
- if you are a Volunteer, you are not guaranteed an opportunity to talk about your career or otherwise participate at an event in a School through your participation in the Program;
- SIP is an intermediary and is not responsible for any information you may receive from any Volunteer, Teacher or School (whether received through SIP’s websites or otherwise);
SIP does not have a contractual obligation nor moral or ethical responsibility to:
- verify the identity of persons who register on or use SIP’s websites (including at www.schoolsindustry.com.au and www.inspiringthefuture.org.au), whether as a guest or a registered user; or
- verify or monitor any of the content contained in any registered user’s profile and displayed on SIP’s websites from time to time.
As a user of SIP’s websites, you are advised not to assume that any user content is accurate. A person may not be who he or she claims to be. You should at all times exercise the same caution you would normally if arranging or participating in a similar educational event. SIP cannot be liable for false or misleading statements by any guest or registered user on SIP’s websites;
- you have read and accept the terms of SIP’s website terms and conditions (which can be viewed at Website Terms and Conditions)
- SIP, its officers, directors, employees, agents or partners will not be liable to you or any third party for any losses, damages, injury, costs or any other liabilities you or any third party suffer or incur in connection with the participation in the Program or use of SIP websites (including the actions or omissions of, or any activities you undertake with, any Volunteer or School); and
- nothing in these terms shall exclude any liability for, or remedy in respect of, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or death or personal injury caused by negligence.
Not an official teacher email?
That email does not look like an official teacher email address.
If you proceed anyway there may be a 2 or 3 day delay while we verify you are a teacher.